The Brubaker Family

The Brubaker Family

President Brubaker and I are excited to be here as the Mission President and companion of the Belgium Brussels Netherlands Mission! We love your sons and daughters, and feel to thank you for the wonderful missionaries you have raised! This is a very unique mission. Our mission includes two countries, and five languages, not including many dialects spoken in the Netherlands. The missionaries are teaching many people from all around the globe. With the help of the Spirit, the missionaries are finding those who have been prepared to receive the Gospel. This is truly the best mission in the world, and we are honored to be a part of it. We will try and take good care of your sons and daughters. We love them so much already!

We have 5 children and 11 wonderful grand children. We have so much fun together! We are grateful for the support they have given us as we prepared to leave for three years. Our home is in Salt Lake City, Utah. We have raised our family in the Millcreek Holladay area. We enjoy many activities together. We are happiest when we are hiking in Southern Utah, cross-country skiing into our rustic cabin in the Uintahs, enjoying a good game of Train or Settlers of Catan, or just being together and sharing a meal with each other. We love our family so much!!!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Miracles in Keukenhof

Elder Pratt shares this miracle:
"Op maandag 10 mei 2010, we went to Keukenhof, in lisse (15km north of Leiden). It was my second time! 21euros for bus and entrance fees. But it was worth it to meet people from méxico, taiwan, ontario canada and chiba, japan! I packed extra boeks of mormon and pamplets just in case! Sure enough, we prayed and acted. The Lord put people into our paths. I was sad at first since nobody seemed to care that I wanted to chat with them in their language, but one elderly japanese couple they knew the name badges- oh mormon?? That's great! I shared a pamplet with them. Two elderly dutch zusters took fotos of us four elders. We also met five church members. one from france who's a bus driver and the others were canadians and americans. We then met a familie from vietnam! Finally, it was time to leave our day of miracles and adventures in the flowers!! Instead, we were there to teach wonderful children of heavenly father and admire nature!! I was sad I didn't chat with anybody that was chinese speaking. But then a huge bus arrived with so many chinese speakers! I took fotos of elder kramer (hé's serving in hengelo) and I offered to take fotos for some chinese zusters- they were so amazed that I spoke chiense! They declined. We left onto our bus and I still felt sad, but the Lord provides a way! That same couple was in the bus, speaking to me in chinese and telling me to sit beside them for the 25 minute bus ride back to Schipol! Such a miracle! The Lord knew my desires. They know church members in their hometown of taipei, taiwan. They knew that we go all over on bicycles and teach people about jezus christus. It was a blessing. I shared with them the chinese restoration pamplet and my testimony in chinese!
Such joy to meet zr Yang Fa Long!"

No comments:

Post a Comment