The Brubaker Family

The Brubaker Family

President Brubaker and I are excited to be here as the Mission President and companion of the Belgium Brussels Netherlands Mission! We love your sons and daughters, and feel to thank you for the wonderful missionaries you have raised! This is a very unique mission. Our mission includes two countries, and five languages, not including many dialects spoken in the Netherlands. The missionaries are teaching many people from all around the globe. With the help of the Spirit, the missionaries are finding those who have been prepared to receive the Gospel. This is truly the best mission in the world, and we are honored to be a part of it. We will try and take good care of your sons and daughters. We love them so much already!

We have 5 children and 11 wonderful grand children. We have so much fun together! We are grateful for the support they have given us as we prepared to leave for three years. Our home is in Salt Lake City, Utah. We have raised our family in the Millcreek Holladay area. We enjoy many activities together. We are happiest when we are hiking in Southern Utah, cross-country skiing into our rustic cabin in the Uintahs, enjoying a good game of Train or Settlers of Catan, or just being together and sharing a meal with each other. We love our family so much!!!

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Brigham Young University Wind Symphony Visits Our Mission

Written  By  Zuster  Courtney  Moses

Our mission had a visit from the Brigham Young University Wind Symphony! They are America's most widely toured university concert band, and have performed in places such as Canada, South Korea, Japan, New Zealand, and the People's Republic of China, to name a few.  The group consists of 50 members who must go through a strict audition process before they can participate. The Wind Symphony is conducted by Donald Peterson and originates in the School of Music in the College of Fine Arts and Communications. 

 
Before my mission, I was a member of this group for two years playing clarinet as part of my undergraduate study at BYU. I loved my time there and felt privileged to tour with the group in South Korea and Japan.  I was a little sad when it was announced that the Wind Symphony would be going on their upcoming tour to Belgium and the Netherlands. I had never been to those countries in my life, but had submitted my mission papers and was planning on serving a full-time mission. As it turns out, my mission call came a week later - I was called to the Belgium/Netherlands Mission!

As part of their 2012 extended tour, the Wind Symphony traveled for three weeks, visiting major venues in France, Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands. There were many opportunities for members and non-members alike to hear them perform. I was able to attend with a few investigators when they performed in De Doelen in Rotterdam.  Their performance was wonderful, one of the last ones that they would have on their tour. Their performance inspired, lifted, entertained, and had everyone on their feet by the end, begging for an encore. What a great missionary opportunity!
As I talked to the performers, they expressed their love for the people in Holland and their gratitude to be able to perform for them. I was able to tell them about the investigators that were able to come. What a joy it was to be on the other side of things now as a missionary! 

I remember seeing missionaries bring their investigators to our concerts on the Asian tour, but never imagined that I would ever be that missionary! I am thankful for the sacrifices of the Wind Symphony to create a spiritual environment for so many to come and enjoy the blessings of live music. I'm sure it was an experience that neither the performers or the audience will ever forget. 
-Zr. Moses

1 comment:

  1. life science recruitment
    Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting.I will be waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete