The Brubaker Family

The Brubaker Family

President Brubaker and I are excited to be here as the Mission President and companion of the Belgium Brussels Netherlands Mission! We love your sons and daughters, and feel to thank you for the wonderful missionaries you have raised! This is a very unique mission. Our mission includes two countries, and five languages, not including many dialects spoken in the Netherlands. The missionaries are teaching many people from all around the globe. With the help of the Spirit, the missionaries are finding those who have been prepared to receive the Gospel. This is truly the best mission in the world, and we are honored to be a part of it. We will try and take good care of your sons and daughters. We love them so much already!

We have 5 children and 11 wonderful grand children. We have so much fun together! We are grateful for the support they have given us as we prepared to leave for three years. Our home is in Salt Lake City, Utah. We have raised our family in the Millcreek Holladay area. We enjoy many activities together. We are happiest when we are hiking in Southern Utah, cross-country skiing into our rustic cabin in the Uintahs, enjoying a good game of Train or Settlers of Catan, or just being together and sharing a meal with each other. We love our family so much!!!

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday in Rotterdam, Spijkenisse, and Gouda

We started our morning with a friendly welcome in Rotterdam!
Elder Osmond and Elder Mickelson were happy to see us! We were happy to see them too!
We found this great sign in their apartment. Elder Osmond and Elder Mickelson are so united, and are spreading the companionship unity throughout the district. The district shares their miracles, and then everyone gets so excited for each other!
"I am part of the "Fellowship of the Unashamed."
The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line.
The decision has been made. I am a disciple of
Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down,
back away, or be still.
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure.

I am finished and done with low living,
small planning, smooth knees, colourless dreams,
tainted visions, worldly talking,
cheap giving, and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need pre-eminence, positions,
promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I now live by
faith, lean on his presence, walk with patience,
am uplifted by prayer, and labour with power. My face
is set, by gait is fast, and my goal is Heaven.
My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few,
my Guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,
compromised, deterred, lured away, divided or delayed.

I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the
presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy,
ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander
in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up,
until I have saved up, stored up, and paid up the
cause of Christ.

I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go till He comes,
give till I drop, preach till all know,
and work till He stops me. And when He returns for
His own, he will have no problem recognizing me.
My banner will be clear."
Elder Fullmer, Elder Guanuna, Elder Mohrmon, and Elder Davies live in Rottterdam South. Their apartment is not what you would say as being one of our best apartments. But when I walked in, there was a feeling I just can't describe. The apartment was very clean, organized, and a place where the spirit can dwell. These four elders are feeling and contributing to this unity that is spreading throughout the Rotterdam District. They love being missionaries, and you can just feel it! They were excited to tell us about their investigators who have baptismal dates!
Many faithful, devoted missionaries have lived in this apartment. When they are transferred, they sign the famous missionary shirt.
Standing on higher ground!
The Gouda sisters are enjoying their new "classy Dutch" apartment, right across the street
from the church!
Zuster Perry and Zuster Moses love serving in Gouda. They have been teaching a Dutch woman
and she has embraced every principle of the Gospel. She has a baptismal date in a
few weeks!
The zusters surprised me with flowers!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say thank you for always updating the blog! We love seeing pictures of Netherlands and the occasional glimpse of our Zuster Perry!

    ReplyDelete